Friday, August 7, 2009

Happy Birthday Little Man!


I can't believe that today you turn one. It seems like yesterday your Daddy and I traveled to Dothan for my 37 week appointment only to find out that you were ready to enter this world early. We were in complete shock. I didn't have my bags in the car - they were packed at home, and I almost didn't let your Dad go with me - I didn't see the need in it. We spent the night in the hospital and waited until the next morning when Dr. Nichols would be on call. He had delivered your brother and we wanted him to deliver you. He came in that morning after he had done a c-section and said that it wouldn't be long. I was very sick; I think due to the ambien they had given me to help me sleep the night before. Nana, Pops, Granny and Honey brought Cole to be there for your arrival. They didn't have to wait long because you entered this world at 10:58 am weighing 7lbs 2 oz. We loved you from the moment we saw you and now a year later are more in love with you than ever. This year has flown by and you have trucked along like a little trooper. You were so laid back as a baby and still are more laid back than your brother. You slept in your Dad's and my room until you were 8 months old because we lived in a two bedroom house. We moved into our new home in April and you finally had your own room helping you to eventually learned to sleep through the night which was great for your Dad. You are all over the place walking and talking. You follow Cole around and love when he plays with you. You are great at playing "Patty Cake" and you know exactly what to do with a phone. Yesterday, you had tubes put in and did fabulous. It was pitiful to hold you when you came back from surgery and all I could do was listen to you cry. You did great though when we got home. Your Dad and I hope that this will cure the ear infections, help with your hearing and bring you back to your normal self. Owen, we love you so much and feel so blessed by our Lord and Savior that he entrusted you to us. We pray that we will instill Christian values in you and even more we pray that we set the best example for you to follow. Happy Birthday Baby Boy!

3 comments:

Carrie said...

That was so sweet!

Happy Birthday Owen!!!

John and Brooke said...

I just got a little teary reading this!!! Sweet boy!!! Happy Birthday Owen.

Unknown said...

AWWWW! Precious, Holly. Glad he is doing so well with tubes and all.