Friday, December 10, 2010

Reese Sanders Pugh

Born December 9, 2010 at 9:29 pm weighing 6 pounds 7 ounces measuring 20 1/4 inches long. She has a head full of brownish blonde hair that some say look a little red in the light. We are already so in love and can't believe with actually have a Pugh girl!

The Story...I have been dilating since around 32 weeks and praying that I would hold as long as possible. My last post around 33 weeks asked for prayers to make it 4 more weeks and the Lord is so good; today is 4 weeks! I visited my doctor this past Tuesday and was around 3 1/2 almost 4 cm. The plan was to come back Monday and put me in for observation overnight and break my water Tuesday morning because we knew that I would be dilated enough to consider me in labor. Well, as much as I wanted my doctor to deliver Reese because I adore him that much I had to realize that I was being selfish and that I could possibly be in labor already. I debated back and forth whether or not to call the doctor yesterday and decided that I should make the call. Mom took me to Dothan yesterday afternoon; they monitored me in the office and decided that my contractions were the kind that bring a baby so they wheeled me to labor and delivery. I was admitted and an iv was started my my nurse, Julia, who by the way delivered Cole too. Dr. Butler came in around 4 and said that I was 4 1/2 cm and that we would wait and see. Julia didn't think I was going anywhere but we didn't tell Dax to leave work until around 5:30. We decided he should leave an hour early in the event that I stayed and they broke my water. Well, my water was broken after 7 and Dax and my Dad arrived after 8. I had just received my epidural before they got there and started feeling much better. Before the epidural it was pretty difficult to breath through the contractions. I don't remember them being as strong with the boys and let me just say I am proud of myself for dealing with them :) Everything went so fast after Dax got there. Julia checked me twice and said oh, it is go time. I told her I was glad she knew what she was doing because the baby could have been coming and I wouldn't have known it until it was too late. After 3 pushes our beautiful Reese was born. We can't thank the Lord enough for this sweet girl! And thank you all for your prayers and blessings!

3 comments:

The Reeves Family said...

Congratulations!! She is beautiful!

Carrie said...

Congratulations! She is beautiful and you look great!! I'm glad you went on to the hospital and didn't have that precious baby girl at home.

Bragans said...

So glad she is here! Can't wait to love on her!