Friday, October 16, 2009

Updates

It has been a while since I posted any updates on the boys and since I am terrible at doing their baby books I thought I should post on the blog.

Cole is fastly approaching 3 which is so hard to believe. We look back over the past 2 1/2 years and are amazed at how incredibly blessed we are. The Lord is truely amazing. Cole is still attending Mothers Day Out at FBC on Tuesday and Thursday mornings until lunch. Nana graciously picks him up each week for me to take him home to stay with Angela. We still pick Angela up each morning to stay at the house with the boys and then take her home each afternoon. Cole is very knowledgeable as to where Angela lives, when she is coming and when she is going home. Cole loves anything and everything that has to do with farming. He has a tractor, a hay baler, a wagon and has even managed to let Honey allow him to bring home Uncle Tyson's plow. He plays with these toys daily; it is great to see his imagination sore. I love listening to him in his room talk of baling his hay or feeding his cows because it reminds me of how vulnerable he is to learning. He picks up on stuff that I never thought he would. He thoroughly enjoys playing football with his Daddy; while Dax is looking forward to the day when Cole can actually catch. Dax works with him each day on keeping his eye on the ball and catching it. He is getting better. He has learned to "spike" it after scoring and is the cutest thing you have ever seen running the ball and warming up. He has been to "big" church twice this past month on Sunday nights and has done fairly well only getting up once for the potty. Fortunately, Brother Luke has small children so he doesn't hold it against us. The other night in church Cole was coloring when he drew a circle and whispered to me that he made a circle. I was so shocked. I didn't even know he knew how to do that. I was so proud of him! I look forward to him learning lots and remembering things.

Owen is still our little red head. He gets in to anything and everything. He loves his pappy and blankies. When I go in his room to get him up in the mornings he flops around in the bed and then proceeds to pick up all his blankets waiting for me to pick him up. We, Cole and I, love opening his door and singing to him each morning. We always sing "Good Morning to You" and "This is the Day." Owen smiles so big at Cole each morning it melts my heart. He really loves his big brother and misses him each day that he is gone. I love that they will grow closer the older they get and that they will always be best of friends. When Owen turned one we had him down to one bottle a day; at night. He has now been off the bottle and formula for a couple of weeks and seems to be fine; however, this little stinker will not drink milk. It is the craziest thing I have ever seen, especially since Cole loves milk. I still attempt milk every once in awhile but he usually takes one sip and then hands the cup back to me. Last week I purchased chocolate milk thinking he would drink it...nope, notta. Took one sip and handed it back. We give him cheese, yogurt and orange juice with calcium and vitamin d to supplement what he is missing in milk. I know he will be fine I just wish he would drink milk for my sanity. Owen loves, loves loves Angela. She and his Daddy are his two favorite people. He says "hey" immediately after Angela opens the door to her house to leave each morning all the while smiling and talking until she gets in the car. I am so glad that my boys like Angela and that she is good to them. We have really been blessed with her.Owen still loves any kind of ball. He enjoys playing outside with Daddy and Cole trying to act as big as Cole. Both the boys thrive outside! Owen has really started saying more words lately. He loves to say Georgia and will repeat it over and over again if she is sitting at the front door looking in. He wants us to acknowledge that she is there and that he knows it. He can say kitty cat, thank you, amen (he is so cute saying his blessing before eating), dog, ball, juice, cup, and pappy. He has a mouth full of teeth - so many that I told Dax about a month ago that I thought he must be cutting more teeth. I stuck my finger in to feel him gums, when I looked at Dax and said he already has them on both sides. It happened so fast I guess I completely missed them coming in. He is growing so fast.

Dax and I love our boys so deeply. We wonder at times what we did when we didn't have them. We have trying times with both of them; times of frustration because they don't listen and times of anger because they pitch a fit but despite those "hard" times there are so so many great times. They make us laugh and smile each day. I have had a conviction lately that I am not instilling God's word in Cole well. I am failing at living it out day to day and having constant conversation with him about what our Father did for us as well as Jesus's love for him. I have looked at a couple of websites lately that have memory verses coordinating with the alphabet. It is my goal to start it with Cole not for the satisfactory feeling that he will recognize his ABC's or that he can recite a verse but with hope that he will hide these words in his heart and remember them when he is older. We are in church constantly yet I don't want Cole to always have the "sunday school" answer. It is so easy to spit out what you know is right but not the truth. I feel that if Cole learns this at an early age it will only help him when is older. I really want Cole and Owen to grow to be men of God just as their father is with a heart for the Lord.

4 comments:

HP said...

Have you tried soy milk or the danables (sp?)? I know EC wouldn't and still won't drink milk from a cup, but she'll do the danibles and the gogurt tubes. Just a thought!

Bragans said...

I miss them so much! I can't believe all they are doing. Cole, in big church? Very impressive. I have felt the same about instilling God's Word into EJ's heart. Found a book at the church bookstore that has a verse for each letter. Do you want one? It is ABC by Suzanne Hunt. Let me know, and I can't get for Cole for Christmas, but if you want it before then, let me know.

Love you!

Joy

Katie said...

Noah wouldn't drink milk either when we took him off of formula. Give it some time, I bet if you try again in a month he will drink it up. We even introduced it in a bottle at bedtime and transitioned that way. Now he will drink it but those first months were tough!

Katie said...

P.S. the other transition we did was to mix it with Danimals smoothies. That worked great!