Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Annual Thanksgiving Hunt

Aunt Meg with her boys.Owen is still drooling like no other - can't you tell? and Cole is rotten!

What a wonderful thanksgiving we had. We have so much to be thankful for; not just this time of year but all year long. One thing I am thankful for is family and leaving in the same town. Because we live in the same town as our parents and grandparents we get to see them more often and do things we might not do if we lived elsewhere. We are fortunate enough to get to see everyone during the holidays and not feel overwhelmed with traveling.



My father has gone squirrel hunting every Thanksgiving morning with some of his cousins, uncles and my Granddaddy. I have ventured to go once and knew that once was good enough for me. This year Dax took a reluctant Cole but when I called to check on him Dax said he was doing great! Several of the men meet up, shake vines, holler a little and shoot down squirrels...if they are lucky. Uncle Rayvon, Uncle Thomas, Cole and the dead squirrel

Cole holding one of the squirrels for Pops to snap a quick pic.

1 comment:

Rachel Smith said...

Hey there - I just tried to send you an email and it keeps coming back to me! :( Not sure why.....

Otherwise try sending me an email and then I can just reply to you.

lilyraesmith@gmail.com

OR

rachelsmith@clearchannel.com

THANKS!!!