Thursday, December 10, 2009

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas

I love this time of year when we celebrate our dear Savior's birth, the journey of Mary and Joseph, the angel, the wisemen. It is a beautiful time of year. Some of you know that I co-teach our two year olds Mission Friend class at church. Last night we focused on the holy family and how special they are. I tried to instill in them who Jesus is, who His mother and earthly father was in the short time we had. They would repeat and then I would ask again. I find it soooo important for our children, as well as us, to know the true meaning of Christmas. My family has always experienced Santa Claus but we have always been taught the true meaning as well. We are looking forward to spending time with our family and friends, being blessed each day and celebrating Christmas with those who we love. We hope that you know the holy family, our Lord and Savior and what they went through for us.I love my Willow Tree Nativity set that my sweet in-laws gave me last year. It is so special to me. We enjoy discussing it with the boys and hearing the questions they come up with.Cole and Owen both get as close to the tree as they can without seeing punishment. Cole loves to turn the lights on and check to see if it needs water. I have tried to explain that is a Daddy job but he insists! My cuties who have stolen my heart! I love them both so much (even when they are driving me crazy)! Two clean boys watching Mickey Mouse Christmas - they are obsessed with it which is great for Mom while trying to cook dinner.

2 comments:

Rachel Smith said...

Oh they are so stinkin' cute!!!!! I decided against putting my Nativity out this year :( I don't have a high place for it anymore and Kamden is just too naughty to leave it be. I would be so upset if he broke one of my pieces!! Your tree is gorgeous...and you r dishwasher looks just like mine :) hahaha

Bragans said...

oh my goodness! i can't wait till Christmas! i love your boys! i really like your nativity set. of coarse your tree is pretty! i miss noy having one this year. can't wait to see you!