Monday, August 25, 2008

Owen Update

Today was Owen's actual due date. It is so weird to think he is already 2 1/2 weeks old. We went for our two week check-up last Thursday and he weighed 7 lbs. 5 oz and was 20 1/2 inches long. I am pretty sure about the weight but the length sounds wrong to me because I don't think he grew an inch and a half in 2 weeks but I could be wrong. He is changing in looks. Some say he looks like Cole but Dax and I both think that he looks different other than the lips. We are doing great! Cole loves "baby." We have to be careful to watch him with all the kisses and hugs he gives out. Owen has only woken Cole up a couple of times at night despite our small house. Luckily, Cole is a pretty hard sleeper.


Adjusting to life with 2 kids is a little overwhelming at times but I have made it a point to get out instead of staying cooped up in the house. Cole has had a play date with Nixon, he still goes to school two days a week, Owen and I have made it to church the past two Sundays and to a Sunday School social. We all went to Aunt Alex's pep rally last week and plan on making it to the game this week. I am looking forward to Owen growing and seeing my two boys playing together. I look forward to them being best friends.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a precious little person. So glad for your news. I hope that whenever I'm a mom I'll get out like you do!

The Reeves Family said...

The biggest adjustment is going from 1 child to 2! you'll get the hang of it! Have fun~it won't last long! My boys played in the rain too! It is such a boy thing to do! I know Cole had fun. Owen is adorable. I wish Kate was still that tiny. She is already 9months old :( Love, Elly

Amy said...

I am so glad that things are going well for you. I completely understand the adjustment as being overwhelming. I'm still a little anxious, myself.
Owen is a doll! Cole still looks just like his Daddy!