Tuesday, August 5, 2008

School Days are Officially Here

We made the decision literally a few days ago to send Cole to Mother's Day Out at our church. He will go on Tuesdays and Thursdays until lunch. I think it will be great for him to interact with other children his age. He of course sees his friends at Church on Sundays and Wednesdays but I think this will provide an extra learning experience. We went for open house last night and met his teacher, Mrs. Kelly. There are going to be 8 in his class. Some will stay all day and some will stay for just half the day like he is. When I made the rash decision to send him, my friend Julia, said she wanted to make her little girl, Nixon, an outfit. So, I thought, me too! What was I thinking? I haven't sewn since my junior year in college when I had to take a class for my major. Granted, I enjoyed the class and learned a lot but it is one of those things that unless you do it you forget it. Anyway, Christy Pittman appliqued the cutest apple on the front and I sewed it last night. If you were inspecting it, you would see that it is a terrible sewing job but on him it is precious. I will remember what he wore for the first day of school forever.

2 comments:

Bragans said...

WOW! You amaze me! I can't believe you sewed it together in just 2 days. I could never do that! I hope you are feeling well and tell Cole to go easy on the milk. Did he really take the gallon with him to school?

Love you guys!

Joy

Anonymous said...

hollie...i could cry. How precious. loved the story. If he's like his dad he better leave the milk!