Monday, March 15, 2010

On the way home from church...

Yesterday we left church to head home and change clothes and eat. I try to always ask Cole what he learned during Sunday School to see if he remembers anything. Yesterday, he went into his actual class (this is huge for us because he would rather be with Cha Cha, Mr. John and Mrs. Alithia and the 1 -2 year olds). Miss Christy had reminded us to bring an animal to class since they were learning about God's creations. So Cole went freely to Miss Christy with his snake in tow. After class I asked him what he learned and he told me that God made the ducks :) He then proceeded to ask me questions...the conversation went like this.

Cole: what happened with Jesus?
Me: what do you mean?
Cole: you know! he went to the ceiling.
Me: what Cole? I don't know that I understand you.
Cole: you know, Nana tells me that is how we know it is Easter.
Me: Oh, you mean Jesus was crucified on the cross and died.
Cole: I don't want him to die. I want him back.
Me: Cole, baby, that was God's plan for Jesus to die for our sins and then he was raised from the dead and lives in our hearts.
Cole: Why?
Me: so we can have Jesus in our hearts and live in Heaven one day with God if we choose to. Don't you want to live with God one day? Mommy and Daddy do.
Cole: I do. How can God hold all of us?
Me: Cole, God has really big arms to hold all of his children.

I love that his mind is always working. He asks so many questions and at times this drives me absolutely crazy but it is questions like these that bring joy to my heart because I know that my children are constantly hearing about our Lord, Jesus Christ and what He did for us. I pray that there are many more questions to come.

1 comment:

The Muncies said...

Don't you love these conversations!?! Kirkley asked me today if she was going to ride a school bus one day. I said yes and she said, "And Jesus will be driving!"