Friday, October 15, 2010

Annual Beach Trip

The first of September we left for our annual beach trip with the Vaughans and Warrens. It is crazy to think that none of us have missed a year and this trip was our 5th time. We love this time and look forward to it every year. We don't waste any time and pack it full with trips to the beach, playing in the pool, riding bikes, eating out, going to Pier Park, shopping and lounging around. All the boys were at a good age this past year allowing them to play well and nap together. Thanks to the Daddies for hanging out at the house with them each afternoon.Owen digging in.


Cole enjoying the sand. Thankfully, neither of the boys have ever had issues with the sand.
We had a fabulous house this past year just a block from the large community pool. We love staying in Seacrest; the atmosphere is worth it.
La Cocina in Seacrest has become a favorite to eat at one night. I know you are probably thinking, "What?" "Mexican at the beach!" Let me tell you...it is good and in walking/riding distance. This is Pruitt and Cole waiting to go in to eat.

They really love each other. It brings joy to my heart to know that the Lord blessed us with them close in age to be the best of friends. My prayer is that they will always be there for each other and will hold each other accountable when they are older in their daily walk with the Lord. I pray that they encourage one another!
I added this picture because I think it is hilarious! I was sitting on the grass while Owen got out of the stroller. I told him to turn and look at Mommy and I got this pose?
They have the sweetest expressions to me here. They rode the train like big boys at Pier Park without Mommy this time. I was having some serious contractions and we soon left after this.It never failed; we woke up, ate breakfast, got ready for the pool and headed out each morning. We would get there and they immediately wanted something to eat? It must be something about vacation or the pool because no lie, it happened everyday! Owen was enjoying a fiber bar and lounging in the sun.
The annual crew's kids...Owen (2), Cole (3), Tucker (2), Pruitt (3), Miles (1), and Clark (3)

Sand Angel

A little bit of crab hunting. And when I say a little I mean it. Cole talked about going from the day we got there but when it came time to do it he was scared to death. Dax and I think that he didn't like not being able to see really.

No comments: