Thursday, April 2, 2009

One Sick Little Guy

First off let me say that we are so blessed not to have sickly children whom we have to visit doctor after doctor for or take medicine after medicine. This being said when sickness does hit it is no fun in our house. Dax left out Monday morning around 4 for a week in Georgia due to work. We knew Owen was getting another tooth (top) so the congestion was no surprise to either of us. Dax doesn't work out of town much but it seems that every time he does one of the boys is sick. Fortunately, for me not my parents, we are still at Mom and Dad's and I have had help this week. I am not one to jump to take the kids to the doctor only to pay my copay and them tell me because they aren't running fever they won't give them anything; but I called on Tuesday and they told me I needed to bring Owen in. So yesterday we ventured to the doctor with a child who could barely open his eyes due to a whole bunch of matter, a snotty nose and skin that was the color of a fire truck. This little guy looked terrible and what made it worst was there was nothing I could do for him. He would look up at me and give me the biggest grin :) We left with a diagnosis of a right ear infection causing the matter in his eyes that has now turned in to a form of pink eye(not contagious) and pretty bad eczema. We are dosing him up and hoping that everything will clear up quickly. We have been dealing with his eczema since he was 3 weeks old but just about the time we think it is controlled it flares up again. This time I wasn't leaving without a steroid cream or something. Mom put it on last night after his bath and it has already relieved much of the redness. We of course got weighed and we have a whopper of a child weighing in at...19 pounds 15 ounces. Twenty pounds? Really? Cole weighed 22 pounds a few months ago...no wonder they wear the same size diapers.

Speaking of diapers Cole will be potty trained as soon as we get moved in. He is very consistent with tee teeing if you take him to the potty but occasionally will tell you he has to go. Well, at school Tuesday he told Miss. Kelley and Miss Jamie every time he had to go and then he pooped on the potty for Nana(my mom) yesterday. We are making progress.!

On a positive note, Daddy comes home tonight and his boys will be so proud to see him. I am sure Cole will have to tell him about seeing "that cows bubble on his back". For those of you that don't know my husband's father is a farmer making my husband a farmer want-a-be. Dax would have chosen farming as a career if he knew it would provide for a family like it use to provide but these days it really isn't possible. Anyways, we check cows regularly, especially during birthing season. Mr. Monte and Uncle Clint took Cole to check the cows and it just so happened that one was at the beginning of birthing her calf. Cole saw a "bubble" and hasn't quit talking about it yet. He gets one thing on his mind and doesn't let it go. If you ask him who saw the bubble his response is "Monts saw it, Nint (uncle Clint) saw it, and Tole (cole) saw it. We saw that cows bubble!" He is a true boy threw and threw. He enjoys being outside every chance he gets and loves the opportunity to see the donkeys and cows. I know one day he will be helping Daddy pull those calves.

1 comment:

Melissa Echols said...

Your boys are so precious!!! I want to see them sometime soon! Your house looks great too! I hope Owen starts to feel better soon.