Friday, July 10, 2009

Our experience with Bitties

We took a field trip to a local chicken house yesterday afternoon. I am sure most are thinking, "What?" One of Honey's friends called to say they had received their new bitties and that she could bring Cole if she wanted to. We ventured to their house late yesterday afternoon with Cole and Owen wondering if Cole would like them or not. He tends not to like a whole lot of anything and acts scared a good bit of the time. However, we walked in and there were baby chickens everywhere. Mr. Robert brought some up for Cole and Owen to see. Cole reluctantly held one for a while until the baby started flapping its wings. Cole flipped out and wouldn't touch another one after that. He and Owen were both amazed! Honey and I received a lesson from Mrs. Ann and Mr. Robert about how long they keep them, how much they weigh when they leave them, how they feed them and water them. It brought back memories of my Dad raising quail. I can remember going in the house and there being baby quails everywhere. It is something I had not thought about for a long time. Living in Troy there are not museums to see or zoos to venture to but I am thankful that my boys have the opportunity such as this to see something others don't get to see all the time. Thanks Honey and Mrs. Ann and Mr. Robert. We enjoyed it!

1 comment:

John and Brooke said...

I had not seen Cole's big boy hair cut-he looks so different!Still cute though