Monday, July 6, 2009

4th of July babies

While everyone was celebrating the fourth our yellow lab, Georgia was in labor. We spent lunch at the Pughs enjoying great food and fun with family. When we returned home Georgia was panting and Dax wanted to put her in our laundry room for a few minutes to let her cool off. I told him I didn't want her having the puppies in the laundry room but we could let her in for a little bit to rest. Of course, about 30 minutes later, I thought I heard something and told Dax to check...Yep! We have a puppy...a chocolate male. Thirty minutes later we had a black male, a chocolate male, a black male. Then finally a black female. Georgia did great! She is such a good mama. After a few more puppies, cleaning the laundry room, sitting with her while our neighbors shot fireworks because she was scared to death and a couple more puppies we called it a night. When we went to bed around 10:45 she had 11. Dax got up sometime around 3:30 and found that she had had 2 more but one was dead. We ended up with 7 black and 5 chocolate and really good mix of male and female. Cole and Owen both love them. Cole has to check on them often and says that they need milk when they are crying.

We have 12 puppies for sale if you are interested or know of anyone that might be. Georgia is a 5 year old yellow lab who is the best dog ever. The daddy is a 2 year old chocolate lab. They both have papers. Feel free to email me at holly.pugh.qgjz@statefarm.com

1 comment:

John and Brooke said...

Oh my gosh I need to see some close ups of those sweet precious angels!! I so wish we could have one, but I think Bentley might commit suicide if we added anything else living to our house, especially something bigger than him :)