Monday, August 16, 2010

Conversations with Cole

There is much baby talk around our house with the arrival of our baby girl approaching rather quickly it seems so Cole joins in most of the time. This morning on the way to get Angela Cole asked me if I was in Nana's tummy when I was a baby. The conversation proceeded as such...

Me: I was Cole. Just like you were in my tummy when you were a baby.
Cole: Who is Daddy's mama?
Me: Honey
Cole: He was in her tummy?
Me: Yep! When he was a baby he was in her tummy.
Cole: Oh!, well you can drive.
Me: Yes Cole, we can drive. We grew up and now we are your Mommy and Daddy.
Cole: Why?
Me: Because God made me your mommy. One day you will grow up and will be able to drive and you will be a Daddy.
Cole: And somebody will have to buy me big boots.
Me: Do what? Yes, someone will have to buy you big boots because you will be grown up.

With all the baby talk we have decided on a name for our girl. Believe me after much deliberation and back and forth and back and forth we both agree on Reese Sanders Pugh. We will call her Reese. The boys will call her Sissy according to Cole.

3 comments:

Amy said...

Ellie Kate and I have had similar conversations. It's so funny the questions they ask. I did want to say congratulations on the news that y'all will be adding a little girl to the mix. I love her name. So pretty. I hope you are feeling well and I'm sure you are ready for much cooler weather:)

Elise Hollinhead said...

I love the name, Holly!! I can't wait to see what your sweet little girl looks like! Hope you are doing well.

Mary Alice said...

LOVE her name!! Hope you are doing well!